Synaesthetic Monk's Blues

Phantasmagoria, magic lantern shows, spectacles without substance. They achieved complete sensory experiences through noise, incense, lightening, water. There may be a time when we'll attend Weather Theaters to recall the sensation of rain.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ithaca, New York, United States

The main thing a musician would like to do, is to give a picture to the listener of the many wonderful things he knows of and senses in the universe... I'm using the insides of sounds to move around in a very subtle way which, I think, ends up being inevitable. I feel it's the only solution to that particular problem that I presented myself.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Have You Ever Been to the Carnivale?

I went to the Carnival yesterday and had the time of my life.
I rode the toy horses and the giant ferris wheel
(and no, I wasn't scared)
I bought red roses for my girl,
(she was so beautiful)
forever was now.
we etched our names and our lil' lives on the old oak tree
The clown, he gave me three balloons - red, green and blue...
And my mother bought me an ice-cream
(how old was I?)

Have you never been to the Carnival?

Strange thing happened at the Carnival yesterday,
The giant ferris wheel was broken and the toy horses wouldn't work...
the rain washed away the colours, the balloons were now a darker shade of grey.
The roses were black - the wilted fallen petals littered the ground like broken wings...
there were maggots crawling in my ice-cream...

only the clown remained - watching; an ancient monster that I still loved...
unspeakable & blasphemous names were carved roughly on the trunk of an old oak tree.
The sky bled crimson...
the shadows grew taller, and the Carnival was empty
a cold mocking moon rose amongst the tattered clouds...

You'd think that I'd want to leave the Carnival,
but it was ok -
I was already dead.

"Sleep... is too quiet, dreams are too painful

truth is the bed of this ocean of lies.
Words can create an oblivion ocean:
dad tell me, will I be dead very long?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home